Working It Out
Working It Out is our flagship youth programme which supports vulnerable 16-24 year olds into work across England and Scotland. The programme runs in 16-week cycles and supports vulnerable young people facing multiple barriers to employment.
The programme is a mix of group activities and challenges in the community, as well as one-to-one mentoring. The emphasis is on personalised planning and finding a job or training programme that is right for the individual.
The key steps in Working It Out are:
- Identification of personal issues and support needs
- Motivation and confidence building
- Working together and team challenges in the community
- Building leadership skills
- Learning to communicate in the workplace
- Introduction to partner organisations
- Visiting the workplace and professional environments
- Work experience
- CV writing sessions
- Interview training